Monday, September 5, 2005

Gone but not forgotten

A sneak preview of my newly minted cartoon about mostly forgotten Oilers...
I think it will run in Wednesday's Gateway.
(Just click on the image to get the larger version)


mike w said...

Yeah, the text is too small. Best I can do!

Pleasure Motors said...

Oh Mike, no one captures the abject sadness of lost dreams quite like you. *Sniff* It's so beautiful, my heart is breaking.

Shoot to Thrill said...

I'm guessing the hidden point in this comic was that Stajduhar was the final piece of the Gretzky trade, or rather that the final Kings draft pick was used on Stajduhar?

You think you feel bad, look what the Kings got for him.

>From St. Louis on Feb. 27, 1996: Craig Johnson, Patrice Tardif, Roman Vopat, 1996 5th round choice (Peter Hogan) and 1997 1st round choice (Matt Zultek).
From Los Angeles: Wayne Gretzky (who signed with NYR as a free agent that summer).


Anonymous said...

Here's a link to a bigger version: