Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Some Lynx

Our good friends at Hockey's Future have released an updated Oilers Top Twenty Prospects. The emphasis is, as they put it, on "peak potential and projected long-term impact on the organization and is not a reflection of who is closest to making the NHL" which explains why Brad Winchester and Yan Stastny are 9th and 12th respectively.

It also might be worth mentioning that Eastside Hockey has their new Sim for pre-order. But I have to warn you, this stuff is the hockey nut's equivalent to sniffing paint. Nothing is left out: if you want to rehire Darryl Duke or maybe send Cory Cross to the Greenville Growl just to "teach him a lesson," this is the game for you. Cruelly, Eastside even keeps track of how many hours you log in the game. Where was this shit when I was 13 years old when I could afford to waste the time!?

Back then me and my nerd pals made due with Bethesda's best, Hockey League Simulator 2, which seemed to be programmed to always have the top regular season team get knocked off in the first round. Older, wiser, I've decided to avoid such stat-based indulgence lest I never read a book again. But who knows, some Friday night I may get drunk, end up eating Smartfood cheddar popcorn and buy the damn game. Not everyone's idea of a "lost weekend," but it's a "lost weekend" nonetheless. Sigh.

10 comments:

waltertaft35040581 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

mike w said...

Hmm. Thanks "Walter" you dumb robotic spam asshole.

Chris! said...

Hey, don't be so quick to judge waltertaft35040581, Mikey. Maybe this online dating service won't be like the rest!

Prus said...

Uhh i have nothing to say about Walter.
Will say this, Eastside Hockey Manager ruins lives. Screw the ads in theaters about stealing movies off the internet, where are the PSA's about this game?

mike w said...

By the way, don't you love that Lynx? Let's start a blog about Lynx.

Anonymous said...

>Let's start a blog about Lynx...

Could this be the new "Somecatsare..." format?
-- Randy

Chris! said...

Dude, that Lynx is fucking awesome. I just wanna, like, paint it on the side of a van and go hang out in the Northlands parking lot and just live, you know?

Randy, you with me?

PS: Currently, the new Some Cats format appears to be not doing anything at all... someday, buddy. Someday.

You had your chance said...

Someday, someday.
You should change the name to "Some days are sooner than others."
Sheesh.

--RY

Anonymous said...

Oh, hey, whoever's the administrator (Mike, I'd assume), you can add a "text recognition" thing to your comments to prevent the spam. I'm not sure how, exactly, but if you look around in the help section, I'm sure you'll find it.

-Dave

jiri said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going.

This may be of interest to you I have a free online dating service. It pretty much covers dating stuff.

I'll be sure to come back.