Friday, October 21, 2005

Eaten Alive

Colorado 7
Edmonton 1

Things have taken a turn for the worse: after being cornered into working on Sunday a la Office Space, I shortly thereafter watched Colorado eviscerate the hapless Oilers for their 6th straight loss. It's ugly. Body pieces are strewn everywhere and I don't even know where to start. Perhaps like the Oilers, I must "regroup" and gather my thoughts on this debacle.

Are we really this bad of a team?

Bittersweet: Having Liles in my pool. And it was nice to see Laraque destroy a reluctant Brad May. Perhaps there was a "price on his head" for gunning at Rita for no reason?

4 comments:

Chris! said...

All I have to say is are Kristine and I ever glad that we didn't end up getting tickets to that game. Jesus. I actually didn't watch it at all, so I don't have anything to say about it. But I did happen to glance at a TV in the lounge at the restaurant we were at tonight just in time to see Colorado score their seventh unanswered goal (accompanyed by a guy at the next table feeling compelled to phone his friend—"That's what I said: fucking seven to nothing!") All I could do is shake my head.

Are we really that bad a team, Mike? I think we just might be. How was the goaltending tonight? Any softies, or were they all fairly well earned?

mike w said...

Softies. Markkenen was pulled, then Conklin was pulled after juggling an easy shot.

sacamano said...

Sure, rub it in that you didn't have tickets. Thanks a lot.

Matt said...

"That's what I said: fucking seven to nothing!"

You have no idea how hard I would have laughed had I witnessed that. (Or the guy Sacamano mentions who was ready for the 50/50 draw 5 minutes into the 2nd).