Friday, February 3, 2006


I was supposed to take care of the game review yesterday, but unfortunately my Grandmother was admitted to hospital, hence Mike's inspired real-time game review. My grandmother is okay now, fortunately, but I thought I'd pass along a story that proves this Oilers fandom is actually in my blood. Upon awaking at about 10am this morning, after having slept for about 14 hours or so, her first actual question, after being asked how she felt, was, "How did the Oilers do?"

No word on whether or not she asked about Marc-Andre Bergeron (her favourite Oiler, for non-followers of my family).


Pleasure Motors said...

The greatest thing about this blog: a post about my sick Grandma seven inches above the phrase "LICK MY SCROT ZHERDEV" in bold all caps.

Matt said...

For your gramma's info (and yours), MAB was phenomenal. He stopped a sure goal with his chest while Jussi was somewhere over by the faceoff circle, and in OT, he intercepted a likely breakaway pass--without a stick.

Colby Cosh said...

Dude, let me get this straight. You're named after Dave Lumley and you're still trying to nail down your Oiler bona fides? You should already be getting free season tickets for life as far as I'm concerned.