Sunday, March 12, 2006

A guy named Jason, the number 13, a helmet... holy god this STORY HAS EVERYTHING

This doesn't have much to do with anything, but I just thought I'd share one of the most sadly laboured and face-punchingly gimmicky ledes I've seen the Edmonton Sun run with in a long, long time.

Jason, the horror movie monster, wore a goalie mask on Friday the 13th and cut people into pieces.

Jason Chimera, the hockey player, wears a helmet, scored his 13th on Thursday, and is a little divided himself.

Ahem. Wow. Hats off to the Sun, I guess, for continuing to assume its audience has the intellect of a lobotomized six-year-old with reading cancer.

Anyhow. Back to... whatever!


Sean said...

Thanks for teaching me what a lede is! I learned something new!,RNWE:2005-20,RNWE:en&q=define%3Alede

James Mirtle said...

Heh, amazingly awful.

DRZ said...

Hey, dorks. You're taking a break for the goddamn paralympics now, too? Get back to work, you bums!

Colby Cosh said...

Yeah, the last post is dated to that period of ancient history when Roloson still sucked!