Thursday, March 9, 2006

I blame God

SAN JOSE 5
EDMONTON 2

Some fellow named Murphy has this law, which states that each time you talk up Edmonton's great defence they get that much worse. I have to admit that I missed most of the game. Thing is, I'm heading over to Manhattan tomorrow to teach it a special lesson, so the Oil took a backseat to drinking beers and drunken packing. Looks like I didn't miss much except ridiculous 2 and 3-on-ones on our new white-helmeted goalie. I hope this relax-it's-not-Conklin tendency is an anomaly. Meanwhile, I'll give try to give NYC the Whyte Ave salute (I have no idea what that means). See you Tuesday.

7 comments:

Sean said...

Hey Mike, always loved you in the gateway. Like you, I'm an Edmonton expat, living in Ontario (Kingston). Anyhow, I loved your blog so much I decided to start my own with a friend. The URL is http://oilerfans4life.blogspot.com/ and I'd love to hear your comments.

Sean

mike w said...

Oilers fandom spreads like a cancer...in Ontario! "Oilersfans4Life" even sounds like a terminal sentence of sorts, an ash mark on the foreheads of Edmontonians everywhere. Nice blog: consider yourself added to the blog roll.

Sean said...

I've just added you to my links as well. You're the original, number one, and that's where ye shall sit on my blog. Go Oilers.

Sean

mudcrutch79 said...

Go to the ESPNZone. They've got tv's over all of the urinals so that you don't miss anything while taking a leak. Good times.

Lars Ormberg said...

From what I've observed, I think the "Whyte Ave salute" consists of trying to flag down a cab by waving at and jumping in front of every vehicle on the road.

Steve said...

Lars, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you are aware that you're frequenting the blog of former/current Gatewayers, right?

Chris! said...

Yeah, I was going to say, Lars. Remember that guy you hollered at in the Horowitz forum during the autonomy drive? Totally me.

Anyhow, this blog is about OIlers, not meaningless student politics. That's the last I hope to hear about that.