Monday, June 5, 2006

Well Then

From December, after a game against the LA Kings:

"Ty Conklin is a bad goaltender ... his one weakness is having the puck anywhere near him. His lateral movement is atrocious (he was across in time for the first goal, but was so out of position that it was an easy shot), and he should probably be fined $25 every time he plays the puck with an opposing player in the zone, to say nothing of his inherent rebound problem." (emphasis added)

Below is an actual screen capture from the Wikipedia article for Ty Conklin at 10:08pm MST (tip to Dan Lazin for the heads up). Just click on it if you can't read it.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the bottom of a bottle of cheap scotch.

6 comments:

mike w said...

Well, at the very least the Wikipedia dork made me laugh.

Simon said...

I must admit: I'm hurting deeply inside.
This is the worst thing for an elite-level athletic event. Nobody wants to win or lose because of an injury to an elitel player. Nobody.

I actually don't think that we can write the oilers off just yet. I'm not trying to be a rosy-eyed optimist here. Stranger things have happened. Maybe the media reports are overblown. Maybe Roloson will be back. Maybe Markkan will stand on his head.

Don't lose faith just yet. Believing in a team means sticking with them through thick and thin.

Steve said...

Sure. That's exactly what believing in a team means.

Being an Oilers fan, on the other hand, means looking for any excuse to proclaim the team dead and buried, and then watching the game anyway.

Dan-O-Mite said...

I think everybody is putting too much faith in the idea that the Oilers won't play Conklin. They have given every indication that they will.

Jody Cloutier said...

Yessir. Yep. Oh, yeah.
Oilers.
Well, if it isn't the Great Kazoo, Ty Conklin.
What wonderous fuck-uppery will he pull out of his rotting ass next? Hmmm?
I know, the next time Smyth comes around back for the puck, just fucking cut his throat. Yep, jam a shiv into your blocker and stab it into his windpipe. That will totally do the trick, if LOSING is what you are looking to do. Fucker.

mudcrutch79 said...

I agree with Dan-o-mite. I hate myself for doing so.