Saturday, September 23, 2006

The third cut barely even grazed you, you big baby. Stop crying. Fuck. Here's a Band-Aid. Shut up. I'm going upstairs. God, shut up!

Another round of Oiler cuts. Liam Reddox, as it turns out, got demoted to Wilkes-Barre Scranton, to play on the third line with some Penguins' fourth-rounder. He was joined by Tim Sestito and last year's call-up Kyle Brodziak, who, if he ever plays in the NHL again, probably won't be an Edmonton Oiler, barring Toby Peterson, Alexei Mihknov, Robbie Schremp, MA Pouliot, Jonas Almtorp, JF Jacques and Brad Winchester quitting hockey altogether and starting a fusion jazz octet called The Fogolin Foundation.

The only other interesting name is probably Trukhno, another of those confusing k/h Oilers, who had, from what I could tell, a fairly lacklustre camp, and was returned to the QMJHL. The full Oilers press release is here, on the off chance you were waiting with bated breath for how Brock Radunske is fairing. The remaining lineup is here.

There is, however, some bigger news: MacT says that Patrick Thoreson, aka Li'l D-Vo, is officially on the team. Pretty much nobody saw that one coming, though after some extensive internet research, I came across one fringe genius, who had this to say: "As a dark horse [to make the team], I'll pick Thoreson, who seems like a pretty smart player, and looked good both ways."



Now, to be fair, I also once said Tim Thomas was a "flash-in-the-crease career minor-leaguer" who would "flounder in some other club's farm system for the rest of his life," and he posted a .917 SV% last year, but whatever: more recently, I'm right.

6 comments:

Alana said...

I am devestated by the loss of Hot-Off contender Kyle Brodziak. That boy is like whoa.

Also, I am so over Brock Radunske. His roster photo this year was terrible. TERRIBLE.

DrFrankLives said...

I got Smyth on my Yahoo fantasy team.

Is he going to have anything like the year he had last year?

daniel said...

OT, but speaking of things nobody saw coming...

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/National/2006/09/24/1888791-sun.html

Andy Grabia said...

Pretty much nobody saw that one coming...

I'll see your prediction, and raise it with an erection.

Pleasure Motors said...

I'll admit, I assumed your erection was solely because Mikhnov and Schremp were on the ice together.

Andy Grabia said...

Cosh, Avi and I were all impressed by him. The whole line looked great. I wish we had a fucking farm team of our own, so they could play together. It would read like the beginning of a joke: "so there's a Russian, an American, and a Norwegian on the same hockey line..."