Friday, October 27, 2006

It's on!

Little behind, but anyway, final details have been ironed out for the Oilogosphere Street Hockey Classic. Since nothing cleans out the stench of two straight Oilers losses like pretending you're Ales Hemsky for an afternoon, this Saturday, 1pm, Lister Hall street hockey rink (just to the south of the U of A residence on 87 ave and 117st). There's still slots available for late-comers, so hit up me or Andy if you want in, and feel free to come by and watch.

Andy is already bragging. We'll see who's bragging when he looks into his feet to take a pass across the middle. It's Danny Markov time, everyone. Or no, wait, that's not pro-Oiler: it's Marc-Andre Bergeron time. (Right at the end of the clip.)



What, you thought there wouldn't be hitting? Well, there probably won't be, actually, but if Grabby gets too cocky/score-y (ahem, and he's not on my team), I'm not above a little Bobby Clarke-ing. Because I sure as hell can't score to save my life.

Anyway: HOCKEY!

9 comments:

Alana said...

le sigh.

Mike -- Hockey next weekend (Nov 5)? A used equipment store near my place seems to have kiddie goalie pads for sale. I'll buy them if we're going to play.

Andy Grabia said...

I play like Mark Messier, PM. Watch out for the elbow, and the off leg coming down the right side.

Andy Grabia said...

Oh, and my gloves reek.

sacamano said...

Damn. Now this is making me homesick.

Give grabby a butt-end to the solar plexus for me.

Andy Grabia said...

I'm going to score a hat-trick for Sac. Book it. I'm calling my shot. I'll name it the D-Vo special.

mike w said...

How about hockey this WEEKEND, ALana. Can you HANDLE THAT?

Pleasure Motors said...

Sac calls for the butt-end and you're going to score FOR him? Now that's audacity.

Anyway, since we're calling our shots, I'm going to toss out the Gordie Howe hat trick for my boys Mike W and Chris!. See you in December, gents.

Alana said...

Mike - I'll probably be extremely hung over on Sunday. But MAYBE!

Colby Cosh said...

Tonsil hockey is no substitute for the real thing, you crazy kids.