Sunday, June 3, 2007

Holiday Road

Hello Folks. I find myself half-cocked in some Internet Bar in the neighborhood of Sheperd's Bush, West London, updating the blog in what feels like 3 million years. Just wanted to drop in and note that BBC World in my hotel had some highlights of the the third Stanley Cup Finals Game, a remarkable thing considering that squirrel waterskiing is about as popular here as "ice hockey," coupled with the fact that I haven't seen a lick of action in almost a month.

Nice to tune in for a Chris Pronger cheapshot on Dean McAmmond, just in time -- if there's ever a year in which that giant pussy and his miserable Ducks team were to win a Cup, I guess it should be now, when I'm on the other side of the planet and when a Ducks victory can only cast an even darker shadow over the tragi-comedic fortunes of my once-pretty good Oilers team. But hey, forget that, it's cricket season! And besides, I've braced myself for a passing glance of Chris Pronger holding up the Stanley Cup in the back pages of USA Today walking by an Oxford Circus newsstand, so I guess I'm ready for the inevitable. See you dudes in a couple weeks...

(I refuse to apologize for any typos/non-sentences contained herein, since I'm paying for every Internet minute.)

Mike's European Fun Facts: British people have serious boners for fried chicken, getting hosed, and never (and I mean, ever) washing their hands in public washrooms.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have they discovered bran muffins or whole wheat bread yet?

sacamano said...

Hey, man! You come to England and you don't look up the Sac Man? I'm hurt.

Don't tell me you aren't coming up to Sheffield.

Kirsten said...

Fucking Pronger. Though he did score on his own net last night. That was MOST satisfying.

Stan the Caddy said...

It's Physics everybody! The gravitational pull of the much larger head of McAmmond sucked CP's elbow towards it like... well, I'll leave the imagery for Mrs. Pronger to figure out.

Also, I noticed that they really enjoy the Pizza Hut buffet over there. Some of those restaurants are massive in comparison to the shacks we have here. I actually went to a Pizza Hut in Toronto for some lunchtime buffet; we were the only one's there and they only had two pizzas for us to choose from. And when we finished them off, they tried to tell us they weren't going to make anymore. A quick forearm shiver to the head solved that... oh wait a minute, so that's why he did it!

young d said...

It was an internet cafe at Shepherd's Bush that I found out Mr. Dressup died.
I'm sure there's a connection between that and Chris Pronger's further adventures.

epinonymous said...

Anawho?

Ottawhat?

Scarlett said...

Go to Canada High Commission or Canada House (Trafalgar Square). I'm sure they're showing the games there!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo... Anaheim in 5?...

:|

Anonymous said...

So is there any particular reason Pronger went for McAmmond when Mike Comrie was out there on open ice?

D. said...

Ottawa!!! You anger me so! I guess you just don't want to win the cup. Last night was bad, minus the first period. I'm not watching on Wednesday.

Scarlett said...

Yeah forget my last comment. You don't want to see this disaster of a series.