Monday, September 24, 2007

You call these cuts?

Well, despite his stirring, one-assist performance in Vancouver, AHL all-star TJ Kemp was assigned to Springfield today, where he will no doubt form the backbone of the Wicked Pissahs second defensive pairing with Theo Peckham. Let's pray to god this is the last we see of this AHL depth signing this season, because otherwise it will probably mean we are once again relying on a Mötley Crüe of QMJHLers, city councillors and the lucky fans sitting in Section 216, Row 37, seats 7 and 8 to round out our defensive corps.

In all seriousness, though, the Oilers also sent down Adam Huxley, who I'm fairly certain doesn't even actually exist. When are we going to start seeing the real cuts here, Oilers brass? There's three games left: what are Troy Bodie and Tim Sestito still fighting for? The chance to play the ice cream pail drums outside the LRT exit? I want to see some legitimate dreams crushed, and soon.

11 comments:

another mike w said...

they had better bring their own pails & sticks, i wouldn't mess with those guys...

it occurs to me that perhaps they keep extra bodies around for scrimmage or 'pylon' duty, you know, to build up the confidence of the real prospects, etc.

Chris! said...

Maybe Tim Sestito is just a really nice guy.

Troy Bodie, though? He can go fuck himself right off a cliff.

Chris! said...

Sorry to lash out like that. I'm just really broken up about Ken Danby's passing.

Passing on. Not his passing skills. I don't know enough about that to form an opinion on the matter.

kanadienkyle said...

I am completely taken with the line, "I want to see some legitimate dreams crushed, and soon."

Pleasure Motors said...

Not his passing skills. I don't know enough about that to form an opinion on the matter.

I hear Danby was a real puck hog, actually.

Randy in the Med Hizzo said...

Here's one for old time's sake, Chris!

http://whl.ca/en/stats/player.php?id=24821

Weird.

Anonymous said...

The EIG only has time now to crush one person per year. And this woman made up 2007's entire quota.

Randy in the med Hizzo said...

On a somewhat relevant -- and one oddly conected to the aforementioned Mr. Piluso!? -- I was impressed by Sestito's play during the Memorial Cup. I'm not sure exactly how they play hockey in the OHL and the Plymouth Whalers certainly sucked miles of it in Vancouver, but Sestito was alright.

Chris! said...

Awesome, Randy — I still have that Mike Peluso plaque hanging in my kitchen.

Who would mount and frame a photo of Mike Peluso, anyway?

Jonathan said...

As a serious aside, T.J. Kemp has had a real interesting career- he came out of nowhere (Atlantic Hockey) two years ago to be on the ECHL All-Rookie team, then the next season posted solid totals in the AHL.
And don't be satisfied with crushing Bodie's and Setito's dreams ... I want Jacques!

the sieve said...

"I want to see some legitimate dreams crushed, and soon."

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Fuck, you guys are funny.