Saturday, November 24, 2007

Here come the 'Hawks.

If this game follows script: the Oilers young players will turn the puck over a bunch, the team will score no more than 2 goals (one of them kind of flukey), and the opposing team will be up by a goal for the final half of the game, as the Oilers go 0-3 on the Powerplay in the third period, slowly running out of time and coming up short on chances. Tom Gilbert, Shawn Horcoff and Ales Hemsky will make us smile. Allan Rourke and Zack Stortini will make us bitterly scour and look skyward for intervention.


But yes, I am a fan of the Edmonton Oilers, a professional hockey team from my hometown. More than not they suck testicles, and I refuse to reward management by spending any extra dough on their merchandise or tickets, but I am a fan nonetheless. Goilers.

It's actually kind of busy at work, so I'll leave it at that (although I wasn't so busy that I couldn't PhotoShop some Days of Thunder-style sunglasses on the Hawk's logo).

9 comments:

gary b said...

thank you Dean Brown, from this day forward, the behind-the-goal-line trapezoid shall be known as 'The Forbidden Zone"…

mike w said...

Nilsson is driving me nuts. STOP GIVING AWAY THE PUCK.

Anonymous said...

thinking hurts said...
Dean Brown is killing my will to live. Game looks like everyone is playing hungover.

Jamie said...

An overtime tie (when they existed) was called "Kissing your sister". I've come to know a shootout loss as getting "Flicked in the berries" and I hereby called the Oilers' wildly successful shootout win strategy as "Finding the G-spot (if only but for a fleeting second)"!

mike w said...

It's all about the slutty five-hole, Jamie.

OILERRZZX

PunjabiOil said...

6 out of 9 wins in a shootout.

They're taking away any little dignity we (fans) had left.

Rick Marnon said...

Good game. Gagner's goal in the shootout was sick.

Anonymous said...

Both goals in the SO were pretty awesome I thought.

Horcoff is much maligned in the City of Onions, is it finally time to show him some love? The way he took the puck from center and then fired it in was pretty convincing, I'm wondering if he should be the new Captain? A young leader to drag this ragtag band of rookies towards the playoffs? Any thoughts?

Duke

Anonymous said...

"Finding the G-Spot"...Perfect Phrase.
Also, I had forgotten overnight about the ridiculous "Forbidden Zone" comment. Two great additions to the lexicon.
Being reminded of Forbidden zone as well as those sunglasses has made my Sunday.