Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's Burgertime!


I have no idea why I wrote that headline. Who cares. For those of you that don't know how to click on the Oilers' website once in a while, tonight's final-final rookie game is being webcast on their site at 9PM MTN. Playing against the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference All-Stars, the Oilers' roster is so thin that the entire lineup could be cut and sent away on a bus to the minors immediately after the game. Well, I kid... somewhat (four will actually be cut after tonight). But I still think that if I'm going to watch another rookie game, it should at least include a Bryan Lerg dammit.

Either way, I'll have an eye on the game, between sips of Hot Toddy and flipped pages of Phil Esposito's "Thunder and Lightning," brought to me by the fine people of the Toronto Public Library.

11 comments:

Loxy said...

Have you ever played Burger Time?

When I was 5 and it was my introduction to gaming, it was cool.

mike w said...

Have you ever played Burger Time?

Are you kidding? I still play Burgertime.

And judging from the tonight's "buzz" on the webs of internet, I think about 14 to 15 people are watching this webcast tonight.

sacamano said...

Okay, help out grandpa.

Every time I click on the play, I get the stupid tattoo ad, and then I get the Brit telling me the URL is faulty and to contact my service provider.

What gives?

mike w said...

Tattoo ad? What kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into, Sacamano?

I got the British voice but just tried reloading and it worked. Make sure you allow pop-ups.

I just thought of the most obscure Oilers jersey in the world: a number 67 Phillipe Cornet, in the original orange WHA uniform, which isn't available anywhere.

mike w said...

And once again the Oilers are stymied by some unknown goalie.

Chris! said...

Thunder and Lightning is surprisingly entertaining. It basically explains why his terrible turns as coach of the Rangers and GM of the Lightning were not his fault at all. I believe you, Espo!

gary b said...

i love how Weenus the Sausage is doing the 'You DA MAN!!" finger point.

is it hockey yet?

andy grabia said...

Have you ever played Burger Time?

Was she joking? Or on crack?

Lord Bob said...

I just thought of the most obscure Oilers jersey in the world: a number 67 Phillipe Cornet, in the original orange WHA uniform, which isn't available anywhere.

I prefer to go with the most obscure Oilers jersey actually worn by a player that people have ever heard of. Which is why I'd shoot somebody's mother for a flourescent orange Jacques Plante Oilers jersey.

LittleFury said...

Ome of the big pluses of watching Oilers games at the Black Frog here in Vancouver is the video game system by the bar with all the old-school games, from 1942 to Bionic Command to, yes, Burgertime. And its free.

skeleton69 said...

Burgertime is an allegory for class struggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJGHzjXfss

It's also just flat out dope.