Thursday, October 9, 2008

Good God!

What happened? Why haven't I been blogging? After a week and a half - an eternity in internet time - I don't even know how anymore. Just a jumble of thoughts about the Oilers new slugger Steve MacIntyre, Ladislav Smid dropping a notch in the depth chart, the "new" third jersey and about how the media here in Toronto is completely irrational when it comes to the Maple Leafs. Or how about those five perogy-shaped dads named Def Leppard "opening" the season for NHL? Pretty hip, huh? HUH?

Nope, if I want to get back into the swing of things I better keep it simple. Baby steps, baby steps...


So with that in mind, I'll take a page out of Lowetide's playbook and make a baseball reference, in this case its Hall of Famer George Brett describing how he ate too much steak and crab legs in Las Vegas and crapped his pants. Please enjoy (while you can).
It's disgusting.

12 comments:

wuzzles said...

I like the casual transition from "true story, I shit my pants..." to "who's the pitcher in this game?"

I was puked on in the lobby of the Excalibur. I think I'd rather of shit myself... but I'm not going to think too hard about it.

andy grabia said...

The mojo will return, my friend. Stick with it.

casomas said...

the flames shit their pants tonight. true story.

Garnet said...

If you go to Vegas, Mike, you must dine at the Mirage. The historical reenactment should end there, however. In equally disturbing sports news, Clint Malarchuk has shot himself in the chin:

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/515214

mike w said...

Something's weird about that Malarchuk story. A guy with a history of anxiety disorders accidentally shoots himself and then refuses treatment from paramedics?

Garnet said...

Was there a second gunman? I'm just asking questions ...

amw said...

Canucks 6, Flames 0: Kipper sez: "Like I said, it was a pretty even game," Kiprusoff said. "It just happened."

WTF?

the sieve said...

Have you seen the video of the chief perogy-shaped dad desecrating the Cup?

How retarded do you have to be to not realize which end is up on a trophy, even if you've never seen it before?

http://goingfivehole.blogspot.com/2008/10/def-leppard-singers-upside-down-stanley.html

Stan the Caddy said...

Don't you have to win the cup before you're allowed to lift it over your (brainless) head? Or is that just a "perfect world" scenerio?

Rock Deputy said...

Why'd they get Def Leppard? There must be dozens of hockey-loving Canadian bands that would've played for free!

I mean, I get the old-has-been connection to the Leafs... but where does British Glam Metal figure in?

teebeeplayer said...

In a perfect world, the cup would have fallen out of his hands and crushed his perogie head

James Mirtle said...

Def Leppard's been pouring a little sugar on everything.